Most of us have worked under some type of stress. There are many ways to control how stress affects us. Try one or two of these before an important meeting, event or test/exam:
- Light a candle. stare at the blue part of the flame for a few minutes, concentrating on your breathing pattern. If the mind wanders, gently remind your mind to focus on the breath. Do this 5-10 minutes.
- Sit cross legged with your spine straight. Inhale slowly and deeply for 10 seconds and exhale slowly and deeply for 10 seconds. Do this 3-4 times
- Lie down on your back. Inhale slowly and deeply, allowing the stomach to rise as you inhale. Take the last few sips of air and exhale slowly and gently, allowing the belly to completely relax – falling towards the spine.
- Keep some essential oils on hand – ie. YlanYlan – and place a few drops in a glass of warm water. Breathe over the cup 5- 10 times deep breathing.
- Sit in a room with silence. Focus on breathing, and empty the mind. Sit for at least 5 minutes, but 20 minutes is ideal.