1½ cups organic almonds (soak 1-2 hours if you wish – then drain)
½ cup organic pecans (soak 1-2 hours if you wish – then drain)
7 organic dates, pitted
1-2 T coconut oil or water
½ tsp sea salt
- 1 cup organic cashews (soaked overnight and then drained)
- ⅓ cup canned organic coconut milk
- 3 T organic honey, maple syrup or coconut sugar
- 2-3 T lime juice (approx. 2 limes)
- 1 T grated lime peel
- Prepare a 9 inch pie pan with parchment paper or rubbed with coconut oil
- In a food processor, blend the almonds, pecans, and salt until it becomes crumbly. Add the dates and pulse this mixture into a dough. Add a tiny bit of water if mixture is not like a grainy dough.
- Press dough into pan to form a crust (you can roll it between 2 parchment papers to make it easier and cleaner). Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Add the filling ingredients to a blender and mix until smooth. Adjust honey and lime juice to taste.
- Pour filling into pie crust. Add some lime peel shaving on top. Refrigerate for a couple hours before serving.