AVOCADO and ARTICHOKE DIP
- 2 cups kale, finely chopped
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 14-ounce can whole artichoke hearts, drained, cut up
- 2 small avocados
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice ( or 1 T lime juice and 1T lemon juice)
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- black pepper, to taste
- Heat skillet and add olive oil. Add kale and cook until tender (5-6 minutes). Place kale in a medium bowl to cool.
- Place peeled avocados into a food processor along with the parsley, lime/lemon juice, hemp seeds, garlic, sea salt, and black pepper. Process for 2-3 minutes until smooth.
- Gently mix together avocado mixture, kale, and artichoke hearts.
- Transfer to a serving dish. Goes well with tortilla chips, pita chips, rice crackers, or raw vegetables.
- Serve at once, or keep for 1-2 days in the refrigerator. Store leftovers in an airtight container with a layer of oiled plastic wrap pressed against the dip to prevent browning (no air pockets).
- Enjoy!** Note: for extra probiotics, add a tablespoon of chopped sauerkraut